POLL: How many people on this list do not read industry news sites?

Stephen Allen kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 19:29:47 UTC 2003

Emir wrote:

> On 04/11/2003 14:01, Stephen Allen wrote:
>
> | So people shouldn't post a relevant Linux link in order to prompt/start a
> | discussion? Too much Emir, my little codemonkey. Must be bored baiting
> newbies eh?
>
> Where is the discussion?  If you want a discussion, start by posting a
> personal take, a commentary.  Link to a story that everyone (who actually
> cares) and their dog (and dog's flees (and flees' virii)) have read is
> not a
> start to a meaningful discussion.

Right here.

> I was once told that throwing cheap shots is a sign of an
> intellectually-inferior mind that is unable to argue the issue on its
> merits
> and instead resorts to ad hominem attacks to further their point.

Hm, I thought it was rather relevant.

> You obviously don't subscribe to that view.

Not at another, whom has in the past delivered their own cheapshots.

> | BTW, is it really necessary to post encrypted/signed e-mail to an
> e-mail list?
>
> Is it really necessary to explain the benefits of encrypted/signed e-mail?

Pray tell what are they on a public e-mail list? Do we really need to have it
verified, you are whom you say you are? I guess there are folks waiting in the
wings, just licking their chops at the opportunity, to spoof a from, with your
nick on it, to our little corner of the world.
:o)

--
Best Regards,

Steve