fetchmail & ssh

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 00:18:07 UTC 2003

> I tried to ask technical support today whether or not this is
> supported..But nobody there was able to tell me.  I know that fetchmail
> supports using ssh which I'd like to use, is this possible with rogers
> from anyones experience?

You're trying to protect your pop3 password? If you get your mail from
rogers, AFAIK your pop3 server address is simply pop3 and they
authenticate against the mac address, but I could be wrong. Pop3 has a
secured port that can be used.. Check your services file for something
like spop3 or pop3s or something similar.

Sorry, I don't see any advantage, but I could be misunderstanding what
you're looking for and why. (sometimes the why gices us more info, as we
sometimes are not quite sure of what were looking for.)

--
Keith