Samba and French accents

Marc Lijour (Professeur d'Informatique) marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 3 22:55:29 UTC 2003

Le 3 Novembre 2003 12:38, Peter L. Peres a écrit :
> > Please give me a clue here!
>
> NT uses unicode probably in despite of the selected codepage. Try to see
> if samba can be told to handle unicode. Which part of samba does not
> handle the french accents ? Filenames ? Printer ?
>
> Peter

I'll try that.
Actually I tried this already:
iocharset=utf8,codepage=850

I don't know if to put both iocharset and codepage is smart... and it does not
work.

I'll try iocharset=utf8 alone if that's your suggestion.

File names do not appear correctly.
Some does it does not appear at all in the console, some other time it appears
as a ? (the interrogation sign). Note that the console knows about French
chars and take them from the keyboard just fine.
In konqueror it is just a problem.

Curious, I believe I remember I mounted a CD that was fine.

I just don't know what to try anymore ... I don't have a clue!

I don't find a doc about that. The samba doc has just an article and is silent
on this problem. Google search response set is void :(