Micro ATX boards

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 3 17:16:20 UTC 2003

/Madison Kelly wrote:

  I have built/sold three of these machines to run Linux in the last
week or two:

 -= AN!Apoc Bt1, J2003-01
CPU        Intel Celeron 2.6GHz s478, 128kb L2 cache, 400MHz FSB
Mainboard    Intel D865GLCLK, 800MHz, mATX, GigNIC, Vid.,
Aud.,                 NonECC
RAM, System    Kingston 256MB 333MHz, PC2700, CL2.5, NonECC DDR-RAM
Fixed Disk    Seagate Barracuda 7200.7, 74.5GB 7,200RPM UDMA/100 2MB
Optical Drive    LG 52x IDE CD-ROM
Floppy Disk    Panasonic 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive
Speakers    Altec Lansing 11w RMS, 2-Piece Desktop Satellites
(Model         220)
Enclosure    Antec Minuet mATX Desktop w/ 220w PSU
Mouse        Logitech WheelMouse Optical, Black, 800dpi
Keyboard    Logitech Elite Keyboard, Black w/ Audio and
Multimedia                 Keys
OS        Redhat Linux 9.0 Pre-Install (ISO disks only)

/I'm surprised to see that you're using LG CD-ROMs, given the problems
that Mandrake is having with them in conjunction with their latest
release. Wouldn't it be prudent to use another manufacturer in
anticipation that the owner might decide to switch distros at some point?

As a side note I stopped using LG drives about a year ago because I
found them to be problematic in reading CD-Rs in general either in Linux
or Micro$oft platforms.