MicroATX Motherboards

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 3 16:39:30 UTC 2003

Hi Kerry,

   I have built/sold three of these machines to run Linux in the last
week or two:

  -= AN!Apoc Bt1, J2003-01
CPU		Intel Celeron 2.6GHz s478, 128kb L2 cache, 400MHz FSB
Mainboard	Intel D865GLCLK, 800MHz, mATX, GigNIC, Vid., Aud., 				NonECC
RAM, System	Kingston 256MB 333MHz, PC2700, CL2.5, NonECC DDR-RAM
Fixed Disk	Seagate Barracuda 7200.7, 74.5GB 7,200RPM UDMA/100 2MB
Optical Drive	LG 52x IDE CD-ROM
Floppy Disk	Panasonic 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive
Speakers	Altec Lansing 11w RMS, 2-Piece Desktop Satellites (Model 		220)
Enclosure	Antec Minuet mATX Desktop w/ 220w PSU
Mouse		Logitech WheelMouse Optical, Black, 800dpi
Keyboard	Logitech Elite Keyboard, Black w/ Audio and Multimedia 				Keys
OS		Redhat Linux 9.0 Pre-Install (ISO disks only)

   This machine is quite reliable (definately when factoring in the
overall cost, >$900+tax) and is a good performer. I must declare
ignorance at the VOB file format however I don't see these parts not
being up to the task. Seagate makes very reliable and very nice
performing hard drives. As for memory, I won't touch anything other than
Kingston; it is simply the most reliable RAM I have seen in over six
years. The Intel mainboard isn't sexy but it, too, is very reliable and
Intel fully supports Linux.

   Hope that helps a bit! Feel free to fire away with any other
questions you might have!

Madison