SOS; apt-get dist-updrade mashes modules

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 3 15:31:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:22:51 +0100
david J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> 	how much for a clue ?

Have you considered, just as an outside possibility, maybe just doing a
straight Debian install? I've gone through a Debian install myself and
been successful in building a seemingly stable and useable system. I say
this only because, if *I* can do it, anyone can... ;-)

AFAIK, all you would need to do is make a boot floppy from the Debian
site and install over the network, it takes awhile, but it would be
free of the Knoppix peculiarities that seem to be plaguing you, and if
you go for Debian Testing, the kernel should be up to date enough to
recognize all your hardware.

Anyway, just a suggestion, this Knoppix thing seems to be on the verge
of driving you 'round  the bend!

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046