Knoppix / Debian problem

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 2 22:48:57 UTC 2003

I am running into a bit of strangeness in my efforts to remaster a Knoppix
disk (this is a Debian based distribution that boots/runs off the CD-ROM
drive).

What I need to do is get a specific small script to run after the system
boots up (and the knoppix user created, LAN active, but before the user can
login / get at a web browser), in essence run this command as root:

   su - <<user>> -c <<name of small script>>

Since I am using the icewm window manager I have tried creating
/etc/X11/icewm/startup (which seems to be ignored by icewm). Also, stuff put
in /etc/skel seems to be ignored.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Colin McGregor