after Linux, what? in place of Hurd, Eros, Brazil,...?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 2 22:40:20 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 12:31:15AM -0500, Robert Brockway wrote

> >  Debian has been having considerable pains in trying to release new
> >  "stable" releases.
>
> On the one hand they do strive for stability in Stable releases.  I do
> agree that the release cycle can be too slow.  To a certain extent
> this is a necessary pre-requisite for the stability Debian enjoys.
> I know the Debian release manager personally (in person I mean) and I
> have tried to convey to him the feeling among many that the releases
> could afford to be quicker.

  AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH  NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

If you liked Windows version-du-jour...
1994 install Win 3.1
1995 install Win 95
1996 install Win 95 OSr2

1998 install Win 98
1999 install Win 98 SE
2000 install Win ME
2001 install Win XP

..then I suggest Redhat, which is dropping support for 7.1, 7.2, 7.3,
and 8.0 in less than 2 months.  RH9 gets dropped in April 2004.  Some of
us actually prefer to *USE* our computers rather than install new OS
versions every few months.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did