IT Job creations... IT job losses?

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 2 16:44:48 UTC 2003

Have you seen the predictions and screen shots of WinFX in Longhorn?
Have you ever tried Windows Blinds? DesktopX?

Have you heard of truly scalable windows that are created out of 3D
meshes, and the whole
desktop is rendered in Direct3D?  Can you imagine the ability to "fly"
around the desktop?  In
the area of window managers and *looks*, Windows wins 10:1

<http://www.wincustomize.com/> For more

Unfortunately for Linux, there will always be people who like their
computer to actually *look*
good rather than work well. After all, what does the average user need
2GHz+ of power for?

I think that in the end, MS, Mac and Linux will simply fill their own
market niches:
Linux -> Servers, diskless workstations, software developers, lite users
(web, e-mail, OOffice)
Mac -> Graphic/video designers
MS -> Average (business) users and gamers

--

Anton