gui ueber alles

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 1 22:09:19 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 15:47, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> If the gui is everything and they don't care about anything else, then
> they also don't care what car they drive as long as it's blue laquered and
> has beige upholstery, right ? ;-)

Yup.  I was at a friend of the family a while ago, and he was talking
about how great his Hyundai Elantra was.  I don't mean he was talking
about how fuel efficient it was or inexpensive or anything like that, he
wondered at how well it drove on the highway and the "pickup" and
everything else.

For those who don't follow cars in detail, most Hyundai's, including the
Elantra, have a sowing machine for an engine.  They handle like folded
newspaper boats.  All he cared about was that it looked good and didn't
feel like a steamliner.  He had no idea what good handling was, the
difference between gearing and engine torque, or what real speed is - he
just liked his car.  Which isn't a bad thing, is just illustrated to me
how much the average person has no idea how anything works these days.

On another note, if you're going to buy a cheap piece of crap, at least
buy a locally made piece of crap.  The parts are cheaper that way.

</rant>

Kareem

--
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611