Formatting in C++ (fwd)

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 30 22:29:19 UTC 2003

> > > learning a language like Perl, Python, Ruby, Lisp, or Scheme will be a lo
> > > more fun.
> >
> > Depends on your definition of fun :)
>
> Many people swear by ObjectiveC, calling it "object oriented C done
> right".  I know the syntax, but haven't used it enough to be familiar with
> it's ups and downs.  But if you're looking into learning an object
> oriented style language with a C background, ObjC might be the thing to
> look into.

Objective C is essentially C with an object system that uses
Smalltalk-like syntax.  _Incredibly_ simpler than C++'s object system; I
would MUCH rather write Objective C than C++...

It would be expected to be a bit slower than C++ due to more dynamic
handling of method dispatch, although that's probably only by a small
percentage.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html