Data recovery emergency on a downed server... Help please!!

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 29 07:08:17 UTC 2003

That would seem to be the case. However, I have used -many- of these
Seagates and I have never seen one suddenly pooch before. I am debating
running the Seagate test on it or decide to just recommend having it sent
to a data recovery house...

I know that backups of the superblock are made, do you know by chance how
to locate them and/or how to tell the OS to use one for mounting? Also, at
least two partitions on the drive have gone bad...

Madison