Now I Know

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 27 17:26:04 UTC 2003

Hi Stephen,

I have the identical video card as you, so here is what my XF86Config
file says about it (I am running RedHat9, which seems fairly close to
Mandrake as far as X configuration goes):

Stephen wrote:
> Section "Files"
>     # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
>     # By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
>     # the X server to render fonts.
>     FontPath "unix/:-1"
> EndSection
I have "FontPath "unix/:7100".  It's supposed to specify the socket to
the X Font Server, so try changing -1 to 7100 and see if that makes a
difference.

> Section "Module"
>     Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension
>     Load "v4l" # Video for Linux
>     Load "extmod"
>     Load "type1"
>     Load "freetype"
>     Load "glx" # 3D layer
>     Load "dri" # direct rendering
> EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "dri"
EndSection

Everything else seems fine (adjusted for our different
monitors/distribution).

- --
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

 "The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
 - Some bad guy from 007