City Of Toronto

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 27 16:05:03 UTC 2003

On Saturday, December 27, 2003, at 09:59 AM, Robert McDonald wrote:

> I had put up a wiki for TLUG to use for the purpose of putting
> together a
> proposal for the city of Toronto and a total of 1 ( ONE ) user was
> able ( or
> willing ) to log in to it.

I'm interested and I'm reasonably capable when it comes to writing a
few sentences, a letter, what have you....

On the tech side, I'm a developer.  It's been many years since I did
system administration or configuration for anyone but myself...and back
then it wasn't usually Linux.  Point being, others seemed just as
motivated...and I'd trust some one else to do show-and-tell about a
major plan for OS migration and conversion rather than myself.  (I'd be
more likely to get onto the subject of migrating your server
applications to a JBoss/PostgreSQL environment.)

During the earlier discussion, I remember someone mentioning political
contacts on Council.  Having that leverage sounded like a better idea
than blindly searching for someone who would consider a cold-call
proposal.  But if those contacts aren't interested, the name of an
acting IT head is in the Globe article.

Anyone feel like proposing an actual plan of attack we can all throw
darts at?  :-)

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714