[xawtv and webcam looping]

GDHough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 25 16:28:02 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 00:38, David J Patrick wrote:
> GDHough wrote:
> >On Monday 22 December 2003 11:08, David J Patrick wrote:
> >>Have you considered http://gspy.sourceforge.net/ ?
> >>gspy is designed for webcam based security and may offer fewer headaches

Maybe, let's see...

> >>YMMV
> >>djp
> >
> >This looks worth a test run. I am curious as to how it builds the MPEG's.
> > I would like a format playable on winboxes. The way I make the movies now
> > will only work with mplayer on Linux. Example from man mencoder:
> >
> >mencoder \*jpeg -mf on:fps=25 -o output.avi -ovc lavrc
> >
> >...will put all the jpeg's in current directory into a single avi. Only
> > thing is it isn't very 'seekable' (hourly only) I ain't sure yet how to
> > use :vhq: and keyint= /etc.
> >
> >The odds of me catching a bike thief are slim compared to the risk I might
> >learn something useful about my Linuxes.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >farmer6re9
>
> One of the cool things is that the image stream (video) is comprised of
> only those frames that were different from the previous frame (motion)
> resulting in surprisingly small files.

It's too bad webcam doesn't loop, it also has the option TRIGGER = 1 for image
comparison.

> One less-than-cool thing is the seeming inactivity of the app,
> with nothing in the changelog for over a year..

I won't have that problem with the puppy...

> djp

Looking at this it is perfect for what I need. I just don't have the
experience to build it.

Even after I installed automake and autoconf it still poops out although very
informatively so...
Please use AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external]) in order to cause autoconfiguration
to look for an external libintl.

Please create po/Makevars from the template in po/Makevars.template.
You can then remove po/Makevars.template.

Please run 'automake m4/Makefile' to create m4/Makefile.in

Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.5 (or newer) to do this.
Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.

Please remove intl/Makefile from the AC_OUTPUT or AC_CONFIG_FILES invocation
in the configure.in file.

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure --disable-nls
option.

Press Return to acknowledge the previous 7 paragraphs.

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.in:4: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
configure.in:4: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
configure.in:4: with aclocal and run automake again.
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
aclocal.m4:1143: installing `./config.guess'
aclocal.m4:1143: installing `./config.sub'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am:3: AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but `intl' not in SUBDIRS
src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
automake: src/Makefile.am: Assembler source seen but `CCAS' not defined in
`configure.in'
automake: src/Makefile.am: Assembler source seen but `CCASFLAGS' not defined
in `configure.in'
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:3: AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but `intl' not in SUBDIRS
automake: src/Makefile.am: Assembler source seen but `CCAS' not defined in
`configure.in'
automake: src/Makefile.am: Assembler source seen but `CCASFLAGS' not defined
in `configure.in'
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings ...
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gnome-config... no
checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by
gnome-libs install

I guess the first thing I'll need to do is figure out the what and Y4's of:

AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external])

Thank You and Merry Christmas Everyone,
farmer6re9

-- Eating Crow is better with MyCrowSauce