FYI on updated RPMs for redhat 7.3 (see note

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 24 21:20:17 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 14:08, Lloyd D Budd wrote:

> I also maintain a large repository of Red Hat 7.3 RPMs, mainly
> because I manage quite a few 7.3  servers at work and my home "data
> center" - and statistics show that many other companies/people out
> there still use 7.3 (especially on the server platform) for its
> stability and quality.

There was a group of people claiming that they would support 7.3 I just can't
find the link right now, perhaps it didn't get anywhere.  Anyone know the
project?

Somewhat on the same topic are http://whiteboxlinux.org/ and
http://www.progeny.com/products/transition/

> If you still run/own/manage/deploy Red Hat 7.3 machines, you should
> really check out my repository;
> <http://norlug.org/~chipster/rpm_index.pxml?cat=1>

Or run, don't walk, to http://www.debian.org/ and find out about an OS that's
been offering stability and rock-solid upgrade procedures for 10 years.

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada                         Debian GNU/Linux