In the Dark with Midnight Commander

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 24 20:58:54 UTC 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Tim Writer wrote:

> Linux/UNIX shells.  Users with a Windows background, not (yet) comfortable
> with the Linux/UNIX command line, are probably most comfortable with
> graphical tools like Konqueror's file manager.

Hmm I have not thought of that. It is natural for me to drop into a shell
and start typing one-line pipes to do things. To the point where I find no
use for kde (I started Linux with Slackware and no help line or internet
access excepting a book - those were the times ...) but normal users
probably feel as you say.

Peter