[xawtv and webcam looping]

GDHough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 24 05:18:06 UTC 2003

On Monday 22 December 2003 11:08, David J Patrick wrote:
> Have you considered http://gspy.sourceforge.net/ ?
> gspy is designed for webcam based security and may offer fewer headaches
> YMMV
> djp

This looks worth a test run. I am curious as to how it builds the MPEG's. I
would like a format playable on winboxes. The way I make the movies now will
only work with mplayer on Linux. Example from man mencoder:

mencoder \*jpeg -mf on:fps=25 -o output.avi -ovc lavrc

...will put all the jpeg's in current directory into a single avi. Only thing
is it isn't very 'seekable' (hourly only) I ain't sure yet how to use :vhq:
and keyint= /etc.

The odds of me catching a bike thief are slim compared to the risk I might
learn something useful about my Linuxes.

Thanks,
farmer6re9
--
Eating Crow is better with MyCrowSauce