[xawtv and webcam looping]

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 23 04:08:04 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:58:45PM -0500, Justin Zygmont wrote:
> what I don't like about this is that if someone gained access to your
> computer, they could gain access to the other computer without even having
> to supply a password.

That'd be the point of the ssh-agent and/or keychain; to prevent trivial
unauthorized use.  Naturally if an authorized program gets compromised,
you're screwed.

> > Use ssh-agent or keychain. More info at:
> > http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-keyc2/?open&l=252,t=grl,p=ossh2

Do check the link.  Daniel writes good stuff.

--
taa

    People in the 1950s, were increasingly told by
    carefully designed mass media formulas who they
    were, what they should be, and how they could
    succeed.  These formulas were not geared to the
    development of a sensitive human being.
          --R. Altschuler and N. Regush
/*eof*/