C programming question

Greg Franks rgfranks-cmaem7PIVQT44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 22 13:57:36 UTC 2003

    John> I got interesting replies to my question on how to access
    John> physical memory.  In summary: Yes, it can be done.  No, it
    John> cannot be done.  It is difficult.  It is not easy.  What
    John> comes to my mind is: "Das gefingerpoken in den Gewerken is...

Two words:

man mem (physical memory)

(or man kmem (kernel virtual memory)).
  ..greg

You have to be root to poke around.  In the good ole days of Unix, the
`ps' command actually opened /dev/kmem and looked at the bytes
directly.
--
   __@               Greg Franks              <|       _~@ __O
 _`\<,_         Ottawa, Ontario, Canada        |O\   -^\<;^\<,