Waaaay offtopic

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 21 19:02:09 UTC 2003

> Anybody interested in a new and "unproven" effective treatment for
> bacterial and viral disease?
>

> -Hugh

I used to humbug anything that didn't immediately make sense to me.
but I have had too many things like that "explained" after a long period
of disbelief.
I'm now quite agnostic but open. Our human understanding of the workings
of life are puny, at best.
We laugh at the ancient Romans for dining on lead plates, while sipping
water from clear plastic, which has been demonstrated to leach
surprising amounts of estrogen. Surviving humans, in the distant future,
will be slapping their knees recounting our follies.
They will simultaneously be doing something equally stupid.