When will the persecution of MS *end*?!

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 20 19:52:45 UTC 2003

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 12:56:41PM -0500, billt-l+PWtdWbHAuXFJAUJl40Xg at public.gmane.org wrote:

> If this is the same case I remember, GM was taken to court by a
> conglomerate of after market radio manufacturers because they changed
> the electrical connectors it used for the radio to a non-standard
> connector that could only be purchased from GM.
>
> The ruling was that GM was using its control of the design and
> manufacture of the cars in a monopolistic way.

Maybe there were some other factors, like agreement between GM and
supplier for standardization but GM changed its design unilaterally.  GM
changes car shape, design, parts, etc.  And, I don't think GM has to get
after-market companies' approval everytime.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>