Waaaay offtopic

Hugh Reilly hughreilly1-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 20 02:10:24 UTC 2003

>From: James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
>To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Waaaay offtopic
>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:13:01 -0500

>One person I'd never believe is a naturopathic "doctor". Naturopathy is
>based on a bogus belief that a tiny amount of something that causes the
>same symptoms as a disease will cure or prevent it.  The problem is, that
>the doses generally prescribed are physically impossible.  For example a
>common dilution of the "medicine" is 10X or divided with water or alcohol
>10:1, 10 times.  The problem with this amount of dilution, is that the
>number of molecules gets in the way.  In order to consume one molecule of
>the substance, you'd have to drink several thousand gallons of water.  They
>also have another dilution of 100C, which is 100:1 100 times, which is even
>more impossible.

You're mistaking naturopathy for homeopathy. Plus, your world-view is
getting in the way. The  truth is, there are "mysteries" which science
as-we-know-it cannot explain. The fact that science ("official" science,
anyway) cannot explain homeopathy has no influence whatsoever on the
thousands of people worldwide who benefit from its practice. Science is not
yet finished explaining the world to us; it's evolving, and so are we.
Keeping an open mind is good survival instinct.

Anybody interested in a new and "unproven" effective treatment for bacterial
and viral disease?

-Hugh
Hugh Reilly
XEN Technology Group | LinuxLab