Waaaay offtopic

Hugh Reilly hughreilly1-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 20 01:25:30 UTC 2003

>From: James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
>To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Waaaay offtopic
>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:23:29 -0500
>
>Hugh Reilly wrote:
>>Has anyone out there heard of the "zapper", invented by Saskatchewan
>>naturopathic doctor and celll biologist Hulda Clark? She claims that
>>disease-causing bacteria and viruses in the body can be killed by
>>low-level radio frequencies. The zapper delivers that frequency to the
>>body, and has been claimed by some to actually cure AIDS.
>
>If that's all it takes, we're all going to be fine.  We're constantly
>bathed in RF from many sources.  The above claim, indicates she's a fraud.

No it doesn't. The science behind it is, of course, more complex than you
could have known from my post. What I find interesting is that that didn't
stop you from jumping to conclusions.

>>I have been experimenting myself with the device, having built several
>>over the past couple of years. And I have to say, with very positive
>>results. And I am NOT getting a flu shot!
>
>How do you know you've had positive results?  Did you run a full study,
>with several participant, including a control group?  If not, all you've
>got is a delusion.  I could claim that eating pizza & beer prevents
>disease.  After all, I've had lots of both and rarely get sick (only one
>sick day in 21 years, with one employer).

I don't need to employ the scientific method to prove something to myself.
Neither do you, unless you don't trust yourself. If pizza and beer works for
you, who am I to argue?

>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns
>How to UNSUBSCRIBE: http://tlug.ss.org/subscribe.shtml

-Hugh
Hugh Reilly
XEN Technology Group | LinuxLab