DVD Burning and Viewing

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 20:00:44 UTC 2003

Hi John,

Try using:

cdrecord -scanbus

and post the output.  It should detect your writer and tell you the bus
it is on.

Also, you have to use the SCSI emulation for it by passing the following
to the
kernel (do this before the scanbus) where (x) is the IDE bus position of
the drive:

hd(x)=ide-scsi

Try using XCDRoast as the burning tool.  As far as burning DVD movies
and stuff,
I think you have to create an image of the video first using some
special tools
(similar to those used for SVCDs, and then burn them.  I don't think
XCDRoast
cares about what you burn and what you burn it to, as long as you have a
valid
disk image to burn.

Tell us what you find.

Anton