Hello Every One

Stephen Oulton roulton623-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 17:55:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 05:19, JoeHill wrote:> don't think that is should
run so slow.

> Austin makes some good points re the speed factor. I have 9.1 running my
> webserver on a P166, and while it won't win any contests, it certainly doesn't
> take 30 seconds to open an app.
>
> If you open a terminal and type "top", is there anything (at the top of the
> list) using a lot of your CPU time or memory?
When I ran top it told me that from 5.1 to 6.6 percent of my CPU was
being used.

85 programs were being used 81 were sleeping 2 were running and 2 were
zombie.

That doesn't seem like a lot.

Maybe it is because the install crashed and I had to make it work with
my limited experience. I tried to install it 3 times and it crashed
during install every time.

I even formated the drive and tried a clean install and it still crashed
on install.

Thanks
Stephen Oulton
    <roulton623-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>