High-Availability

Andrew G. Hammond drew-vnkfHpbZfesgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 04:40:08 UTC 2003

LVS + keepalived will solve the problem you described below. What are
your scalability needs / availability needs that you require such a
heavy duty solution? What I would suggest is that unless you really do
need very high performance and scalability, simply go with a pair of
servers and use VRRP (supported under keepalived) to provide a redundant
IP. Then mirror data between master and slave filesystems using either
CODA or whatever other approach suits you. This is not true HA, but
should be sufficient for most needs.

Drew

86% of respondents agree: Reply-to munging is ignorant and rude.