When will the persecution of MS *end*?!

DanG dgenn-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 04:26:38 UTC 2003

Somehow when a company owns 98% of the desktop OS market and leverages that
to distribute "free" software as a bundle with their OSes to take out
competition, I hardly call that a level playing field. Do you remember the
browser wars with Netscape and the numerous other companies who formed
technology partnerships and got swallowed up? I think these antitrust suits
looks good on Microsoft and it's monopoly practices. What they did to all
those competitors is either buy them out or bundle them out or hide
programming interfaces to competitors because they had the financial
resources and monopoly to do so. I hope Real and the numerous states that
are still filing anti-trust suits in the US get a good whack of cash. We all
know Bill has enough for everyone, if he can give SCO cash then I say
everyone hold your hands out. :-)