music collection to ogg vorbis ?

Oliver Meyn lists-tZhE6lH4Esk+k03BA+Hq9g at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 18 21:27:59 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 11:50, Taavi Burns wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:42:43AM -0500, Lloyd Budd wrote:
> > What is an efficient way to achieve the ripping (+tag) under Linux?
>
> IIRC grip will snag disc info from freedb and rip with your choice
> of filename and filled out ID3 tag, direclty to your favourite
> format for which there exists a CLI encoder.

If you have a big enough collection to warrant it, the grip guy has also
written ddj which is a dbase frontend for all the info grip (optionally)
sticks into a mysql dbase.  It's missing some key features (eg text
search) but it'll do til I write my own :)  Note it also allows you to
pick your favourite command line player.

Cheers,
Oliver