Linux 2.6.0 Kernel Released

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 18 16:11:44 UTC 2003

On Thursday 18 December 2003 10:55, David J Patrick wrote:

> >It's only test9 but close enough IMO, I've been running the test kernels
> > since test2, no problems.  They'll likely have 2.6.0 out quickly so if
> > you want to wait just keep an eye on their package list
> >(http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/stable/).
> >
> Good to obtain the image, but I would still have to compile it, no ?

No that is the compiled kernel, dependencies such as the new module-init-tools
will be automatically installed along with it and init scripts modified
appropriately so that the 2.4 or 2.6 version of modprobe will get called
depending on the kernel you are running.

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada                         Debian GNU/Linux