Linux 2.6.0 Kernel Released

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 18 15:22:09 UTC 2003

David J Patrick said:
>     I'll be following (http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=2949)
>  *The Very Verbose Guide to Updating and Compiling Your Debian Kernel

That one's good....but if you're already running a properly configured
kernel, why not just use "make oldconfig"? This allows you to use your
current config file as a base for your new system. It'll run you through
all the changes in the new kernel (and give you a suggested default).

In terms of other resources, I like this one:
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

Took me a while to understand everything that was in it (and it is
exclusive to Debian). As it suggests up near the top--read the whole thing
BEFORE you start compiling. There are steps near the end which are
optional and should actually be done at the beginning.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
Xtrinsic