music collection to ogg vorbis ?

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 17 16:50:06 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:42:43AM -0500, Lloyd Budd wrote:
> What is an efficient way to achieve the ripping (+tag) under Linux?

IIRC grip will snag disc info from freedb and rip with your choice
of filename and filled out ID3 tag, direclty to your favourite
format for which there exists a CLI encoder.

> Which Linux music players have the most complete play list
> functionality?

I don't know.  iTunes has spoilt me.  ;)

> [1] feel free to request this feature or provide other feedback
> regarding iTunes ;-)
> http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

NB: probably the best feature request would be to allow iTunes to encode
using any QuickTime codec available on the system.  This will make supporting
any number of codecs very simple (not just OGG, but FLAC, or whatever else
tickles your fancy).

--
taa
   "You may attend a party where strange customs prevail..."