More "end of the desktop PC"

Justin Zygmont jzygmont-tEQKYFGiemxAYG7eUwYNkWD2FQJk+8+b at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 15 20:25:08 UTC 2003

I rememeber Oracle also had this vision.  From what i've seen in many
organizations, with PC's they usually just image them with the correct
image for each department, since installing the software could take hours
now a days.  It would last for a while until windows would become
unstable, and was full of junk, then it would have to be imaged again.
It makes me wonder why Oracle's idea wasn't more successful since it solves
this problem entirely, and imaging each PC individually seems foolish.