spinning out of control :)

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 14 21:47:07 UTC 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 03:58:33PM -0500, Madison Kelly wrote:
>   I might be able to help you, given that it is an emergency. May I
> suggest thought that for today you are probably okay if the noise just
> started. That usually happens when the sleeve bearing splits and spins
> the oil out. The fan will keep spinning for at least a couple of weeks
> (usuallY). At the very least, as I said, today should be fine, if loud.

I've tried to add a little DW-40 to the mix, and have thrown /several/
explitives in the general direction of Acer. I can't get the laptop apart
to see what the actual problem is though.

>   You will want to get it fixed ASAP though because it will sieze shortly.

Agreed. I'm worried that it's going to sieze completely, but I also have
work that /must/ get done. :/ I'm sure everyone knows that drill!

I have an Acer TM 630 (632? 634? I can't remember). In any case, it's out
of warranty (and I wouldn't want to have to deal with Acer or the place I
bought it from again anyway).

I tried PCUsed but they won't deal with Acers (i.e. the tech had no idea
how to get the case apart either).

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin