OT: keyboard layouts

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 14 00:32:02 UTC 2003

On December 13, 2003 11:18 am, Peter Hiscocks wrote:

> Further, I would assume this performance metric is 'speed'. It would be
> interesting to test for 'effort', but that's a lot more difficult to
> quantify. The other metric would be 'ease of learning', which would be
> relatively easy to measure.

I was mostly interested in dvorak because of it's supposed reduction in
fatigue.  I've just remapped my keyboard to the dvorak layout and while my
typing speed is drammatically slower I'm not finding the adaptation too
difficult.

I've done about half of an online typing tutor and I'm finding it pretty easy.
If I like it (or can stand it) for a few weeks perhaps I'll get up to speed.