Firewall script for NAT server to protect the smtp

efmccurdy-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org efmccurdy-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 13 19:17:12 UTC 2003

    Teddy> This statement in the script gives a chain/target/match
    Teddy> error.  /sbin/iptables -A INPUT -m state -p tcp --state
    Teddy> ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Usually that means the the kernel does'nt have the
neccessary ipfilter options set. I don't know how to get an error
message that specifies exactly which options.

I'd check the Netfilter Configuration section of the kernel config,
eg CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_STATE. If they are configured as modules,
you may need to use modprobe to load them earlier in the firewall script.

Regards,
Ed
--

Edward F. McCurdy,               | efmccurdy-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org