Albatron motherboards

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 13 03:23:51 UTC 2003

Hello Everyone,

Following my motherboard problems (See "What to do with kernel
panics?"), I have decided to buy myself another motherboard (the one I
got apparently supports FSB up to 400MHz; my P4 runs at 533MHz).

I am looking at the Albatron PX845PEV-800 (or perhaps the Albatron
PX865PE PRO II).  I would like to know if anyone has had any good/bad
experiences with these, as well as how compatible they are with Linux (I
am going to do a search on that myself too, but I want a real-world
opinion).

The URLs for the details are:

PX845PEV-800:
<http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/it/mb/specification.asp?pro_id=4>

PX865PE PRO II:
<http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/it/mb/specification.asp?pro_id=51>
(This one is sweet!)

Thanks.

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPGP Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

  "The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
  - Some bad guy from 007