Open-source software gets boost at UN

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo lists-jiQtrEI3vUxWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 12 01:50:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Fred Nastos wrote:
>Great.  I can hear it now, "Opensource software?  Isn't that third-world
>software?  Like they use in developing countries."

Don't worry too much. As the trend goes, there will be more and more
proprietary software used in developed countries made in developing
countries.

It may even come a time when it is easier for a software developer to join
a development of an open source software than a proprietary software
(since he/she join it as volunteer), and therefore an open source software
will have more developer from developed countries than proprietary
software. :-)

--
                               Stephan Paul Arif Sahari Wibowo