Update: YYZTechA new computer newspaper for Toronto?

Zoltan zhunt-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 12 00:42:49 UTC 2003

Just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback I've got so far. I was a bit
surprised how many people responded :)

I think we're ready to start talking about a what it's going to look like
and who wants to do what.
To keep discussions from filling up the TLUG list, I've started up an open
yahoo group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yyztech/ where we can hash out
ideas. Naturally this is open to anyone who wants to drop in.

Based on what people have said, I've come up with a list of things that the
new newspaper should have. This can be considered a starting point, it's by
no means fixed.

--- Proposed Sections ---
Letters, Editorial, Cartoon page
Geek Gadgets (news on what's new in phones, toys, maybe the odd music
reviews, Linux games)
Magazine roundup (what other Linux magazines are covering)
Free User-group announcements (guest speakers, upcoming events, new groups)
Reviews (books, software)
2-3 general articles
Monthly Poll (results taken from a poll done on the web site)
Fave-Links (favourite links submitted to website by visitors)
Weird facts (statistics, quotes, etc.)
Free user group listings (group, website, )
Buy/sell classifieds with web listing as well

Website:
www.yyztech.ca already registered, website coming soon
Only Selected articles will be online, but a full table of contents will be
available (see: http://www.maisonneuve.org/ for an example)
classifieds (mirror print edition)
Perhaps an online Linux-skills database?

user-group subscription rate (user group gets 10-20 copies sent to one
address)
Individual subscription rate

While I'm sure most of us are getting into holiday mode soon, lets talk
about this some more so we can hit the round running in January,

Zoltan

YYZtech group: