A couple of questions (win rsync does exist!)

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 19:34:48 UTC 2003

> I don't think 'rsync' is available on Windows.  You can go the other
> way, though, ie. backup Windows to Linux.

Having retweaked my setup I've started backing up everything in the
house lately, and with my boxen either linux or bsd, rsync gets used. My
wife just finalized her move from windows to mac (OS X), but the need
existed to back up both machines.

How I feared that I'd have to go without rsync! But that wasn't the
case. Found gui rsync programs for both platforms, though I can't
remember their names right now. I suspect 'winrsync' or 'windows rsync'
were the search strings I used. The OS X software was right off Apple's
site and was just a layer on top of a port of rsync methinks.