quiet PC

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 18:27:29 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 12:37:44PM -0500, JoeHill wrote:
> Do they actually build custom systems? I'll hopefully be looking for a
> "bare-bones" system in the near future, probably AMD based, and I'm looking for
> a good place to go. Last place I checked, Computer Central Canada, said they
> didn't recommend AMD, as that is their number one return item.

Bigfoot Computers mostly sells cooling parts, not really that much
general purpose computer stuff.  Too many other places already sell that
stuff.  Check their website and you will see.

Makes you wonder if they don't build their systems properly.  AMD has
pretty simple requriements on power supply and cooling on their web site
and generic cheap 300W power supplies may just not be good enough for a
stable system.  Of course the end user that just looks at price doesn't
know that.

> Which begs the question, "why do you sell it?"

It's cheaper and they like selling to the people that look at price
first?

Lennart Sorensen