central mail

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 17:29:11 UTC 2003

"Peter L. Peres" wrote:

> [...]

> Tick the box that says 'leave messages on server' in Nestcape
> email options (also delete deleted mail on server if you have it). Then
> you can access the same mail from as many clients as you like (with the
> same settings as shown above).

Interesting that it took a while for someone to suggest the lowest tech
solution of all! Not that I'm complaining, as I think procmail, fetchmail
et al
are in my very near future. : )

I was doing what you suggested
but, for a reason unbeknownst to me, one machine is not playing nice
in the sandbox: Even though I have the setting you suggest (along with
'when
deleting a message locally, remove it from the server') the mail does stay
on
the server, but the same mail keeps loading over and over. So, I get
multiple
copies of the same mail. No problem with my other computer - it's Netscape
leaves mail on the server until I delete it locally (i.e. empth Trash).

I'll try check my settings on both PCs yet again. Then I'll test them both
by
downloading, deleting, emptying Trash folder and see if the mail is removed

from the server.

Thanks, Peter.

/home/chris