A couple of questions

Sidney Shapiro sidney-3Kd7Tu4o6f/sBN0MCq728g at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 16:21:35 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have a client thinking of setting up a mail server in his office, as
well as a backup system.  I set up something similar to this for another
client using RH, and a lot of help. His hosting is currently with Blue
Genesis, and his in office internet connection is through Sympatico.
Since he does not have a static IP, would it be difficult to set up a
mail server for him? I figure if I change the zone file for mail to a
dynamic DNS program on the server, he will be able to use pop/smtp
connects through the server. How would that work since the domain and
the mail are going to different places? Also, as far as backup goes, can
I do an rsync to a whole bunch of Windows machines (XP, NT, 2000, 98,
95, ME) and then do comparative backups at intervals?

Any help is really appreciated,

Sid