In the Beginning was the Command Line

Oliver Meyn lists-tZhE6lH4Esk+k03BA+Hq9g at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 14:24:33 UTC 2003

Hi All,

<http://www.cryptonomicon.com/beginning.html>

This essay will no doubt appeal to many of you (and I'm sure many of you
have read it), but rather than promoting self-aggrandizement I rather
like his proposal that M$ isn't actually evil, they're just doing what
they promised their shareholders they'd do - make them money, and damn
the torpedoes.  If that happens to cause major headaches for those of us
who care about how computers are used, well, too bad - go capitalism.

This reeks of <bait /> I know, so apologies in advance. *ducks*

Oliver