central mail

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 02:12:55 UTC 2003

James Knott wrote:

> You run an imap server on one computer.  You then use fetchmail to get
> mail from the ISP, to that computer.  The users then run any mail client
> that supports IMAP.  Fetchmail is used only to get the mail from the ISP
> to the IMAP server.

OK - thanks. That's the explanation I was hoping for. For me this will be a

huge task. Downloading rpm's, installing software, configuring MUA, MTA,
and now, if I understand correctly, MDA. And I'm sure I will face many
questions
to which I will not know the answer. So, this explanation will be my
guiding light.

: )

/home/chris