YYZTechA new computer newspaper for Toronto?

Zoltan zhunt-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 01:25:47 UTC 2003

 In the early 1990s there where a two free newspapers providing computing
information for the Toronto audience: Toronto Computes and The Computer
Paper. Since last September these two have been replaced by HUB Canada.
Unfortunately, HUB seems to be more about consumer electronics and the
latest Windows applications than for someone looking for for an ISP with
good tech support or where to meet Linux-heads in Toronto.

To this end I'd like to see who would be interested in a new computer paper
for the Toronto area. This would be a free and have a pro-Linux/OpenSource
stance with a focus on the Linux community here as well as providing stories
of interest to Mac and, perhaps other computer systems. Currently I'm
investigating using the news site The Register
(http://www.theregister.co.uk/) to provide some syndicated content.

I'd like to get some feedback about this venture, specifically:

-Is this something that is needed?
-What would you like to see / not see in a computer newspaper
-Would you be interested in writing or helping out?

I'd like to get as much feedback as possible, so if this interest you,
please e-mail me at:

yyztech-KdxWn004MjY at public.gmane.org or on the list,

Thanks,
Zoltan Hunt