MisterHouse / x10 /home automation

Robert McDonald robert-yzlPDbdf3LosA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 9 18:55:32 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org>
To: <tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TLUG]: MisterHouse / x10 /home automation

> On December 3, 2003 10:11 am, Mailing List wrote:
> > Has anyone used x10 or home automation in
> > their house?  Where is a good place to
> > shop for x10 stuff?  Any recommendations?

I bought some x10 stuff from here a few months ago, Wholesale prices and I
was able to arrange to go and pick it up in person..
http://www.baran-harper.com/

I was able to get things turning off and on at the times I requested, lights
dimming in rooms at intervals  ect, ect.. It was kinda fun getting it all
going but I'm not using any of it at the moment. There is a front end panel
that worked with a windows PC for programming called "Activehome".

http://heyu.tanj.com/heyu/index.html  <-- linux front end s/w for x10
controller ( i never used it )

more stuff  at http://x10.com

Enjoy!