quiet PC

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 9 14:41:11 UTC 2003

Is the fan making a <grrrrrrrnnnn> kind of sound that sometimes goes
away and comes back again, or is consistent? This happens when
sleeve-bearing fans (very common) "spin-out", meaning the the sleeve
that contains the fluid bearing oil wears through and the oil spins-out,
leaving no protectiong against friction. This will in short order cause
the fan to seize or stop spinning entirely.

Madison