volunteers need to do some Python programming

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 8 23:12:08 UTC 2003

At 09:11 08/12/2003 -0500, bob findlay wrote:
>iCanProgram.com has been offering online programming courses for nofees since
>Jan 2002.      By most measures it has been a great success with over 2000
>students since Jan 2002.
>
>One of the older courses is in need of a "spruce up".      This course uses
>Tcl/Tk to introduce programming to complete beginners.      Tcl/Tk was chosen
>because I knew the language and it is freely available on any OS platform
>including that dreaded Gatesware.
>
>I'd like to enhance this course material with Python/Tk examples in parallel
>to Tcl/Tk.      Unfortunately,  I don't know Python sufficiently well to
>author this material.
>
>If you are interested in volunteering your talents to this task please
>contact me off list and we can discuss what I had in mind.

Hi Bob,

Others might find this useful so I will respond to the list. There are some
good resources for learning Python programming and for learning how to
program using Python. The book "Learn to Program Using Python" by Alan
Gauld is excellent and would be suitable for anyone. "Learn to Think Like a
Computer Scientist" <http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/> is another good
resource.

Regards,

Clifford Ilkay