Hard drive recovery

Peter Pieczora ppieczora-Z6LL8UJvm6I at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 7 02:50:43 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've got a problem with one of the hard drives, which unfortunately is not
under warranty anymore. It was RMA'ed at Hitachi and worked fine for last 4
months. It was used on G4 workstation with OS X loaded.
Yeasterday, drive started to give strange noise which would indicate actuator
arm problem (drive is spinning on power up). I've tried to run dft fitness
test but motherboard is not able to detect drive.
I'm wonderring if any of you could help me find best way to recover, (if
possible) all of the data.

Sincerely, Peter